Sue Perkins to host The Virgin TV British Academy Television Awards
United Kingdom – The British Academy of Film and Television Arts has announced that Sue Perkins will host the Virgin TV British Academy Television Awards in 2017, marking her first year as master of ceremonies at the event. The awards will take place at the Royal Festival Hall on London’s Southbank on Sunday 14 May 2017 and the ceremony will be broadcast on BBC One. The red carpet arrivals will also be live streamed.
The Virgin TV British Academy Television Awards recognise and celebrate the very best television programmes, performances and behind-the-scenes talent from 2016. The full nominations will be announced live on Tuesday 11th April.
Clare Brown, Director of Production at BAFTA said, “Sue is a hugely talented presenter, comedian and writer who is much loved by the British public. She is respected in the industry for both her warm and witty on-screen presence and for her skill as a comedy writer. It’s a pleasure to welcome her as the host of this year’s awards.”
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 53 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 43 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020