New Zealand – Deal includes exclusive rights to programming from CBS, The CW and SHOWTIME .New series, including the highly-anticipated Twin Peaks, will screen exclusively across SKY’s platforms in New Zealand, as part of a new long-term volume deal with CBS Studios International.
“This is a significant deal for SKY, and reinforces our commitment to make great content available to as many New Zealanders as possible across our services. We have worked closely together for a number of years and it’s exciting to not only renew our agreement but to broaden it with the addition of exclusivity around SHOWTIME content,” said Lisa Clements, SKY’s Head of Acquisitions, Entertainment & Movies.
The multi-year deal gives SKY a raft of exclusive content across three prestigious programming brands – CBS, The CW and SHOWTIME – ensuring that current series and new and future series will be available across SKY’s pay channels, free-to-air on Prime and streaming service NEON.
SKY’s Director of Entertainment Content Travis Dunbar believes the key to the success of the partnership with CBS is the breadth of their programming output, which has seen the launch of quality network series across a variety of channels and platforms designed to appeal to SKY’s broad customer base.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.4k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020