Nippon collaborates with MF Yapim for Turkish format
Cannes, France & Tokyo, Japan –On the first day of MIP, Nippon Television Network Corporation (Nippon TV), the leading commercial broadcaster and network in Japan offering entertainment, anime, documentaries and news, announced today that MF Yapim & MEDYAPIM, has acquired the format rights to their award-winning drama series ‘Woman – My Life For My Children’ and will be remaking the series in Turkish.
The drama is set to air on Fox Turkey. The deal follows the hugely successful venture of last year when the two companies partnered to remake ‘Mother’ (ANNE in Turkey), marking the first time a Japanese drama was offered as a format in Turkey. The announcement was made jointly today by Atsushi Hatayama, President of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Faruk Bayhan, the President of MF Yapim. This agreement marks the first format sale into a different country for ‘Woman – My Life For My Children’.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 130 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021