Mumbai – Keshet Asia, the Hong Kong-based subsidiary of Keshet International (KI), has expanded its footprint with two major hires and an office opening in Mumbai. Arpit Agarwal will lead the Indian operation on the ground as Director, India and SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) reporting to Gary Pudney, Head of Asia. Mihir Karlekar joins Arpit as Senior Sales Manager, India and SAARC.
Together they will seek to increase the volume of KI’s scripted and non-scripted formats being adapted for Indian audiences and uncover local IP for international distribution. They will also co-develop with Indian creators and begin to lay the foundations for an eventual local production business.
The Indian operation has been established following the launch of two flagship KI properties in the country; the epic 110-episode adaptation of Prisoners of War (Bandi Yuddh Ke) which is currently airing on Star Plus and was the no.1 trending topic on Twitter during its premiere; and the country’s first ever live voting talent show RISING STAR which is airing on Viacom18’s Colors and recently peaked with an audience share of 2.4% in primetime. With live voting powered by the Screenz Platform, the Color’s app has garnered more than 3.6 million downloads since launch, and is steadily rising as the format sets the bar for innovation in TV engagement.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 100 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 62 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020