Inmarsat is providing its Global Xpress (GX) satellite service to the Australian Border Force. Eight maritime vessels have recently been fitted with new Cobra-class satellite communications terminals, designed, developed and manufactured by EM Solutions that enable governments to augment the capacity they have on government-owned satellites with commercial satellites. The terminals, which will be used by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), are specifically designed to provide reliable communications in even the most inhospitable maritime environments. The enhanced functionality will allow the DIBP to improve its surveillance capability and improve the speed at which it can transfer data as well as increasing its communication capacity.
Andy Start, President, Inmarsat Global Government, said, “This contract ensures the Department of Immigration and Border Protection remains at the forefront of communications technology while allowing it to continue to leverage its existing government-owned communications satellites. Our broadband services and terminals augment and enhance what is possible for Australia’s border protection crews in order to keep them connected at all times.”
Dr. Rowan Gilmore, CEO of EM Solutions, said: “We are delighted to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Inmarsat and the Australian Border Force to supply our new Cobra terminals to this project. These terminals are the first of their kind to operate on both the commercial Inmarsat Global Xpress satellite system as well as the military Wideband Global Satcom satellite constellation, to provide more assured communications. As a result of this development we have already seen interest expressed by navies from around the world.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 55 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020