Disney and Lionsgate join first Pre-LA Screenings Showcase
Paris – MIPTV announces that for the first time, Hollywood studios will give a sneak peek in Cannes of the new shows to bow ahead of this year’s May Screenings. Disney Media Distribution and Lionsgate will join as first presenting partners of the inaugural MIPDrama Pre-LA Screenings Showcase in April at the Grand Auditorium of the Palais des Festivals in Cannes.
The focus on new American series rounds out the second annual MIPDrama Screenings at MIPTV 2017. A spotlight on Latin America will take place in April as well and will include a first-look at top new dramas from Telefe, Azteca, Caracol, Telemundo, RCN and TV Record, among others. Together, these screening blocks offer more than 1,700 drama buyers attending MIPTV the opportunity to prepare their spring acquisition slate ahead of the LA Screenings.
Mark Endemaño, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Disney Media Distribution EMEA, commented, “Excitement is building for our new line-up of series, and to be able to share a sneak peek of this with the industry, as part of the first MIPDrama LA Screenings showcase, will just add to the buzz. We are looking forward to bringing a glimpse of some irresistible new stories from ABC Studios to Cannes soon.”
Peter Iacono, President International Television & Digital Distribution, Lionsgate commented, “We are delighted to be part of this inaugural event at MIPTV. We know that many of our clients who will be in Cannes are eager to have a first-look at our May Screenings line-up. It is particularly exciting to be able to debut our new series on the big screen in the legendary Grand Auditorium. We look forward to welcoming all our guests to this special presentation.”
“We are delighted to showcase for the first time at MIPTV a sneak preview of dramas from the US studios prior to the LA Screenings. This will follow the MIPDrama Screenings Official Selection featuring new dramas from around the world, which will be viewed by top buyers on the Sunday before MIPTV,” commented Laurine Garaude, Director, TV Division, Reed MIDEM, which organises MIPTV.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020