Tokyo – TVT announced the appointment of Yuko Suguro as Head of Operations in Japan. Suguro joins from Discovery where she was part of the team that launched the channel in the region and brings to the new role over twenty years’ experience of operational and technical management.
Suguro joined Discovery in 1996 and has held senior operations management roles within the business over the last two decades, most recently as Manager, Operations where she oversaw satellite network and domestic delivery operations. This included managing post-production, live show, playout and delivery, all within a bilingual environment. Her new role at TVT will take her expertise in broadcast operations, putting her in charge of engineering and operations. Her technical leadership will bolster TVT’s business in Japan, which supports international providers in delivering their content in the region.
TVT provides specialist media services that enable broadcasters and content owners to overcome the complexities of creative content versioning and international compliance. Japan has become a key market for TVT as content becomes increasingly globalised. The company already has an established offering in the region, working with customers like BBC World News, A+E Networks and Hulu.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 204 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 55 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 39 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 38 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020