Tokyo – TVT announced the appointment of Yuko Suguro as Head of Operations in Japan. Suguro joins from Discovery where she was part of the team that launched the channel in the region and brings to the new role over twenty years’ experience of operational and technical management.
Suguro joined Discovery in 1996 and has held senior operations management roles within the business over the last two decades, most recently as Manager, Operations where she oversaw satellite network and domestic delivery operations. This included managing post-production, live show, playout and delivery, all within a bilingual environment. Her new role at TVT will take her expertise in broadcast operations, putting her in charge of engineering and operations. Her technical leadership will bolster TVT’s business in Japan, which supports international providers in delivering their content in the region.
TVT provides specialist media services that enable broadcasters and content owners to overcome the complexities of creative content versioning and international compliance. Japan has become a key market for TVT as content becomes increasingly globalised. The company already has an established offering in the region, working with customers like BBC World News, A+E Networks and Hulu.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.2k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 68 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 54 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 43 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020