Los Angeles, CA – Storyscape’s Bob Cooper has set the one-hour scripted series HOT ART for development at Ovation TV. The pilot will be written by Simeon Thornton, based on the book HOT ART: Chasing Thieves and Detectives Through the Secret World of Stolen Art by Canadian journalist Joshua Knelman and marks the first original scripted series in development for Ovation TV.
The series will be produced by Cooper for Storyscape, with Sandy Shenkman overseeing development for the company. Cate Weber will oversee development for Ovation TV. HOT ART is a drama series that offers a fresh, contemporary take on the world of art crime. Set in London, the centre of the global art market, the show follows a squad of elite Scotland Yard undercover police agents tasked with solving art crimes and catching the criminals who aim to keep one step ahead of them.
Thornton is a UK-based writer with a number of projects in development in the U.S. and Great Britain, including the scripted series Sovereign which is in development at The Forge.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 66 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020