Dubai – Vuclip, a PCCW Media company, and the leading premium video-on-demand service provider for emerging markets announced the launch of Viu, a direct to consumer video-on-demand (VOD) service, in the Middle East. Viu has already achieved market success and tremendous consumer adoption in Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Hong Kong and Singapore, and is now available for users in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt and Jordan.
Users across the region now have access to tens of thousands of hours of local, regional and international premium entertainment, built on Vuclip’s patented Dynamic Adaptive Transcoding technology to offer viewers a “buffer free” viewing experience. Viu highlights include rich content library designed and especially curated to meet unique user preferences. Viewers can personalize their experience with diverse entertainment options based on their choice of language and genre, ranging from cooking and cars to reality shows and documentaries. Viu highlights also include unlimited downloads and streaming of all content on the mobile app and diverse pool of the premium Arabic TV shows from across the Arab world including Egyptian, Syrian, Khaleeji and Tunisian dramas.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020