Singapore – Kids and family entertainment brand Nickelodeon is bringing in a bumper crop of over 600 original and acquired episodes of new and returning series to Asia in 2017. The network has increased its content pipeline year-on-year across preschool, animation, live-action and TV movie/specials genres. Viewers can catch at least seven new shows and TV movies such as animation series Bunsen is a Beast, and Pinky Malinky, and TV movie Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Four new preschool series are slated to premiere in the year and these include Rusty Rivets, and Nella the Princess Knight. From February 2017 through March 2018, the network will debut an international, year-long “SpongeBob Gold” campaign. Fans can expect new SpongeBob SquarePants episodes, videos, games, and themed on-air packaging, logo, and look for Nickelodeon websites along with activities rolled out all year long.
The “SpongeBob Gold” campaign kicks off with the first initiative “The Golden Krabby Patty Spectacular” where fans can visit www.nick-asia.com/krabbypatty for Krabby Patty themed games, videos, and a chance to win prizes. They are invited to tune into the channel on 24 February at 3pm (TH/WIB) and 4pm (HK/MY/PH/SG) to catch three hours of the wackiest Krabby Patty-themed episodes which includes the premiere of a brand new SpongeBob SquarePants episode.
Nickelodeon’s hottest preschool property PAW Patrol has been on a roll with the show being picked up for a fourth season. It is hitting the road with its first-ever live stage show PAW Patrol Live!: Race to the Rescue and in Asia, the show heads first to the Philippines in June. Last year, a number of PAW Patrol events and appearances were held in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore, and the PAW Patrol Pups Take Flight app based on the series was released. Other preschool programmes that have been renewed include Blaze and the Monster Machines for season four and Shimmer and Shine for season three. Live-action series that have been renewed include Henry Danger for season three, Game Shakers for season two, and The Thundermans for season four. The second season of animated series The Loud House will premiere this year. Following are details of Nickelodeon’s 2017 content pipeline on-air and on the Nickelodeon Play app (Singapore users). Joining Nickelodeon’s preschool lineup in Asia are the following new series along with new seasons of PAW Patrol, Blaze and the Monster Machines, and Shimmer and Shine. To premiere on Nickelodeon and on Nick Jr. PAW Patrol is a CG-animated series and in the upcoming fourth season.
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 568 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 129 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 101 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020