Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) has extended an occasional use (OU) service agreement with Globecast, the global solutions provider for media. As a long time customer of AsiaSat, Globecast’s affiliates in Asia, Europe and from around the world use the comprehensive C and Ku-band capacity across AsiaSat’s fleet for the distribution of news content and sports events for their clients who are major international broadcast networks and premium sports right holders.
AsiaSat 5’s strong penetration into the Asian TV market and wide global C-band footprint make it the most popular satellite for OU service in the region, serving the entire Asia-Pacific in a single beam. The service provides Globecast unmatched coverage of live sports including the AFC soccer events, golf tournaments, Asian Beach Games, Baseball World Cup as well as broadcasting live news events such as the ASEAN summit.
AsiaSat has maintained a close partnership with Globecast for over 15 years, with AsiaSat 5 providing a primarily HD delivery of OU service to its customers, alongside transmission solutions from Globecast such as its one-stop service that offers global coverage for SNG and turnaround capabilities for TV distribution service.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 66 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021