Singapore – MP & Silva has promoted Suhyeon Cho to Chief Commercial Officer. Cho, who joined MP & Silva in 2008, has been promoted from Managing Director, Japan and Korea. In that role he was responsible for all company operations in Japan and Korea. As Managing Director, Japan and Korea, Cho built a strong and highly successful business division, and established MP & Silva as an integral part of the two countries’ sports media rights markets.
His major achievements have been the successful distribution of football media rights, including Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, FA Cup; and baseball projects, including WBSC Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic. In his new role as Chief Commercial Officer, Cho will be responsible for driving the group’s commercial strategy, working closely with the Group Executive Directors, Konstantinos Filippas and Roland Nikolaou, to ensure MP & Silva continues to grow its global portfolio.
Welcoming the appointment, Jochen Lösch, CEO of MP & Silva, said, “Cho is one of the smartest and most successful businessmen in our industry. Numerous competitors and blue chip companies from the industry tried to lure him away from us over the last ten years. I am proud that we could convince Cho not only to stay with MP & Silva, but to accept the role as Chief Commercial Officer, heading all our business operations from the company’s HQ in London. MP & Silva will benefit hugely from his unparalleled business skills, and I am excited by the prospect of working even closer with Cho in the future.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020