Keshet International (KI) announced further sales of its critically acclaimed BBC One drama The A Word. BBC First has acquired the six part drama for Africa and Benelux, as has UKTV New Zealand, Polish public broadcaster TVP, Brazil’s no. 1 multichannel cable and satellite TV service, Globosat and South Korea’s EBS public service channel. Season two of the show, co-produced by Fifty Fathoms and Keshet UK, is soon to go into production.
The deals follow the recently closed two season premium subscription deal with Amazon Prime Video in the US, as well as the first wave of sales which saw Canada’s national public broadcaster CBC, BBC First Australia, YLE Finland, RUV Iceland, HRT Croatia, RTV Slovenia, SVT Sweden and YES Israel acquire the series.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,538 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 113 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020