Paris – Viewers in Italy of the Tivùsat TV platform that broadcasts exclusively from Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD neighbourhood can now benefit from HD quality of the full line-up of TV channels produced by Rai. Rai YoYo, Rai School, Rai Gulp, Rai Storia and Rai News24 were the last of 13 Rai channels to transition to HD.
The operation was completed with the collaboration of Rai Way that operates the signal transmission and broadcasting network for Italy’s national public broadcaster. Tivùsat was set up to ensure that everyone in Italy has access to free digital TV. By reaching all areas of Italian territory, viewers can access all national DTT channels and a diverse line up of national and international channels.
Tivùsat’s full line-up now comprises over 100 channels, of which 24 in HD and 80 in Standard Digital, plus 33 radio stations. A total of 2.9 million Tivùsat smartcards have been activated.
Renato Farina, CEO of Eutelsat Italy said, “Ensuring that all Italian TV homes can access the highest signal quality is a priority for Eutelsat. We are delighted to be part of the effort to accelerate Tivùsat’s HD offer and to take part in other exceptional ventures such as the documentary “Tonight at St Peter’s” that was produced by Rai in Ultra HD and broadcast to Tivùsat homes on 27 December.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 91 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 51 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020