Netflix added 7.05 million new streaming customers in the fourth quarter and ended 2016 with 93.8 million subscribers worldwide. As a result, Netflix stock jumped more than 8% in after-hours trading today, following the earnings release.
Netflix earned 15 cents a share, up 50% year over year, on revenue of $2.48 billion, up 36%, in the December quarter, which exceeded analysts’ projections. Netflix added 1.93 million new US streaming video subscribers and 5.12 million new international subscribers in Q4. The number also exceeded Netflix’s forecast. The company now has a total of 49.43 million US subscribers, while internationally the total has now reached 44.37 million.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020