Netflix added 7.05 million new streaming customers in the fourth quarter and ended 2016 with 93.8 million subscribers worldwide. As a result, Netflix stock jumped more than 8% in after-hours trading today, following the earnings release.
Netflix earned 15 cents a share, up 50% year over year, on revenue of $2.48 billion, up 36%, in the December quarter, which exceeded analysts’ projections. Netflix added 1.93 million new US streaming video subscribers and 5.12 million new international subscribers in Q4. The number also exceeded Netflix’s forecast. The company now has a total of 49.43 million US subscribers, while internationally the total has now reached 44.37 million.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 66 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 52 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 51 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020