Netflix added 7.05 million new streaming customers in the fourth quarter and ended 2016 with 93.8 million subscribers worldwide. As a result, Netflix stock jumped more than 8% in after-hours trading today, following the earnings release.
Netflix earned 15 cents a share, up 50% year over year, on revenue of $2.48 billion, up 36%, in the December quarter, which exceeded analysts’ projections. Netflix added 1.93 million new US streaming video subscribers and 5.12 million new international subscribers in Q4. The number also exceeded Netflix’s forecast. The company now has a total of 49.43 million US subscribers, while internationally the total has now reached 44.37 million.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 50 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020