Bermuda – ABS announced it has been granted the Network, Applications and Gateway Operator licenses to serve Papua New Guinea (PNG) from the National Information and Communications Technology Authority (NICTA). The licenses awarded will allow ABS to operate as a telecom operator as well as a satellite service provider.
ABS is the first international satellite operator to incorporate a company in PNG, known as ABS Global Satellite Limited (AGSL) to provide information communication technology (ICT) services, registered with the Investment Promotions Authority. ABS has been in partnership with NICTA since 2008, which has resulted in a number of orbital slot positions around the world brought into use by ABS by deploying several satellites currently at such orbital locations. AGSL has met all due diligence requirements and its license applications were approved by the NICTA Board on December 16, 2016. The three Individual Operator Licenses granted by NICTA are technology neutral and now give AGSL the rights to provide ICT services in accordance with NICT (Operator Licensing) Regulation 2010.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020