Singapore– After months of anticipation, Globe Studios and HOOQ confirm release of the first episode of its much awaited original series OTJ: The Missing 8 in the first quarter of 2017. Its official teaser also debuted at the recent Wonderful World with Globe media event as well as online. The teaser gives a preview of what to expect in the full-length series. In contrast to mainstream TV fare, the OTJ series will deliver a cinematic experience that is gritty and fast paced, staying true to its movie origins that captured the attention of international audiences at the Cannes Film Festival.
The Season 1 premiere follows the story of four people, SISOY, a corrupt local media man under the payroll of PEDRING, the treacherous father of the town’s ruling political clan; PAM, a passionate and honest big network investigative journalist from Manila and ROMAN, a principled hired gun regularly brought out of prison to kill. Their paths cross when eight journalists from Sisoy’s town are massacred by Roman’s group and buried without a trace a day before Christmas Eve. Pam jumps on the case just as Sisoy discovers his connection to Pedring won’t help him find out what happened to his friends. Despite the differences, they work together to untangle the web of lies, controversy and corruption in a media circus where the truth keeps eluding them.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 43 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020