Doha – Al Jazeera has been crowned Cable & Satellite Channel Of The Year as well as Network Of The Year at the Asian TV Awards in Singapore. The Channel received the double accolade after winning five awards in various categories in programmes and online. 101 East picked up two awards as cameraman Matt Allard won Best Cinematography for his work for On Thin Ice: India’s National Ice Hockey Team which followed the fortunes of India’s ice hockey team.
For the second consecutive year 101 East presenter Steve Chao picked up Best Current Affairs Presenter, while Al Jazeera’s Nagieb Khaja received a commendation for the same category. 101 East also picked up another commendation for Too Young to Wed in the Social Awareness category. Al Jazeera’s Witness picked up two awards for China Fake Boyfriends for Best Social Awareness Programme and Best Direction by Daniel Holmes. China’s Fake Boyfriends tells the story of Li Chenxi, a single woman who is under pressure to find a partner and settle down. The programme documents her decision to commit the ultimate deception by hiring a handsome boyfriend in Beijing to take home to meet her family and friends. India Menstruation Man which was directed by Dirk Gilson and the AJE Digital Video Team won the prize for Best Digital Non Fiction. The AJE Short digital film told the story of Arunachalam Muruganantham who was obsessed with making the perfect sanitary pad for his wife. After years of work, his invention has changed the lives of millions of women in India.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 44 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020