Macau – VICE Media announced a major market expansion into Indonesia, the world’s fourth largest nation. VICE will launch a full-scale operation in Indonesia, producing local content and creative agency services to reach the skyrocketing young population of over 100 million people in the country. In addition, VICE announced multi-platform partnerships with Jawa Pos TV and Google that will bring linear and digital programming to the country. Content will be available in both English and Indonesian.
To date in Asia, VICE has operated out of Japan, China and South Korea, and last month the company launched branded VICELAND blocks, which will eventually become 24-hour VICELAND channels, in 18 South-east Asian territories, including Indonesia, through a partnership with local media powerhouse MultiChannels Asia.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 53 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 35 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020