Channel 4’s Walter Presents has acquired the hotly anticipated Nordic Noir drama VALKYRIEN from boutique financier and distributor About Premium Content (APC). The series will premiere on Channel 4 in 2017, following which all episodes will be exclusively available on Walter Presents.
Produced by Norwegian indie Tordenfilm for NRK, this 8 part-high concept series revolves around an illegal hospital, hidden in an Oslo underground station. It tells the story of a physician who fakes his terminally ill wife’s death but keeps her secretly alive in an induced coma, whilst he desperately tries to find a cure for her illness. To finance his endeavours, he’s forced to make alliances with the criminal world and treat a variety of patients who need to stay off the grid.
VALKYRIEN is scheduled to launch on NRK in January 2017 and has already sold to broadcasters throughout Scandinavia. About Premium Content, a Nevision company is handling worldwide distribution with the support of newly launched TV rights transaction platform TRX in some territories in Eastern Europe and Asia.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 44 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 41 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020