Channel 4’s Walter Presents has acquired the hotly anticipated Nordic Noir drama VALKYRIEN from boutique financier and distributor About Premium Content (APC). The series will premiere on Channel 4 in 2017, following which all episodes will be exclusively available on Walter Presents.
Produced by Norwegian indie Tordenfilm for NRK, this 8 part-high concept series revolves around an illegal hospital, hidden in an Oslo underground station. It tells the story of a physician who fakes his terminally ill wife’s death but keeps her secretly alive in an induced coma, whilst he desperately tries to find a cure for her illness. To finance his endeavours, he’s forced to make alliances with the criminal world and treat a variety of patients who need to stay off the grid.
VALKYRIEN is scheduled to launch on NRK in January 2017 and has already sold to broadcasters throughout Scandinavia. About Premium Content, a Nevision company is handling worldwide distribution with the support of newly launched TV rights transaction platform TRX in some territories in Eastern Europe and Asia.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,285 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 84 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 83 views | posted on July 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020