The production crew for Hidden Truths received the ‘Telenovela’ award at the 44th International Emmy Awards, at the gala ceremony held at the Hilton New York Hotel. Written by Walcyr Carrasco and directed by Mauro Mendonça Filho, the telenovela aired on Globo, in Brazil, winning over the audience with its plot about the fashion underworld.
On the screen, scenes from the telenovela anticipated the victory announced by actress Debi Mazar. Walcyr Carrasco took the stage to receive the award, in the company of actresses Camila Queiroz, Grazi Massafera, Guilhermina Guinle and Agatha Moreira, general directors André Felipe Binder and Natalia Grimberg, director Allan Fiterman and cast producer Bruna Barreto. “Hidden Truths allowed me to dive deep into my work. I poured my entire soul into this telenovela. The directors and the cast also reached deep to give life to the characters. It was a groundbreaking work that presented controversial issues such as prostitution in the fashion world and the human destruction caused by crack. It was liberating to write it. In itself, this work allowed me to go deep into my inner self as an artist”, said the author.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 75 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 43 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 36 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020