Hong Kong – Turner Asia Pacific has confirmed the acquisition of upcoming fantasy-drama series Goblin for its Korean entertainment channel Oh!K. Debuting on December 3, within 24 hours of its premiere in Korea, the series stars Gong Yoo, one of the most popular Korean actors who recently starred in the runaway big-screen success Train to Busan. Now, in his first small-screen role in four years, Gong Yoo plays a goblin looking for a human bride to end his immortality.
Lee Dong Wook (Hotel King) also joins the star-studded cast, as a grim reaper with amnesia. The goblin’s love interest is portrayed by Kim Go Eun, who recently won the Best New TV Actress gong at the Paeksang Arts Awards. The series is written by Kim Eun Sook, responsible for the hugely successful series The Heirs and Descendants of the Sun, and is directed by Lee Eung Bok who also directed the latter.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020