Paris — Globecast, the global solutions provider for media, announces it has been contracted by Euronews, the most-watched international news channel in Europe to bring its new HD channel to viewers across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. The channel’s world-first launch in HD on 1 November from Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD video neighbourhood follows the announcement by Eutelsat and Globecast at IBC 2016 to drive HD growth at Eutelsat’s most popular broadcast location.
Euronews covers world news and broadcasts in SD, 24 hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week in 13 languages: Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Ukrainian. Globecast has an ongoing relationship with the channel, distributing the SD variant. The new HD version of Euronews in English is encoded in MPEG-4 DVB S2 in a new HOTBIRD platform designed to host premium international news and information channels.
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 41 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 39 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 37 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020