Los Angeles – The new action-horror series, Van Helsing, has been renewed for a second season on Syfy. The hour-long drama premiered in September and will return for 13 all new episodes, with production expected to begin January 2017.
An original Syfy co-production, Van Helsing is produced by Nomadic Pictures, which also serves as the studio. Executive producers are Chad Oakes and Mike Frislev from Nomadic Pictures, showrunner/writer Neil LaBute, Simon Barry, Evan Tyler, Dave Brown and Zadoc Angell, as well as Daniel March. Dynamic Television is also handling the worldwide distribution for the series, excluding first run U.S. television and Canada.
“It’s with great pleasure and extreme excitement that all of us involved with Van Helsing receive the news of a pick-up for a second season, especially this early in our initial run,” said Showrunner Neil LaBute. “We have a wonderful and terrifying road ahead planned for Vanessa, her allies and her enemies. I think this is a world and a story that can be sustained for many years and I am inspired to do so thanks to Syfy’s obvious trust and commitment in the storytellers, cast and crew. The team is very thankful and ready to go—ready to get back on the road to Denver and to spill a lot of blood along the way.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 174 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020