Cannes, France, MIPCOM – Mattel Creations, a centralised theatrical, television and digital content division from Mattel Inc., announced brand new international deals for its world-leading children’s TV show and brand, Thomas & Friends.
Following the unprecedented Chinese theatrical release of Thomas & Friends: Sodor’s Legend of the Lost Treasure earlier this year, continued strong growth for the brand throughout Asia Pacific is led by China where there are multiple new deals for Thomas & Friends with broadcasters and digital platforms, including with Chinese state television broadcaster, China Central Television (China), as well as LeEco (China), China Mobile (China) and Air Media (China). A Thomas & Friends channel recently launched on Youku (China), with over 3 billion people reached in China across all Thomas & Friends digital platforms.
Other Asian broadcasters onboard to take new Thomas & Friends content include NHK (Japan), Global TV (Indonesia), GMA (Philippines), KBS (South Korea), TVNZ (New Zealand) and TVB (Hong Kong), with these and the Chinese deals coming on the back of Mattel Creations’ successful drive to gain ground in Asia Pacific.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020