Cannes, France, MIPCOM – Mattel Creations, a centralised theatrical, television and digital content division from Mattel Inc., announced brand new international deals for its world-leading children’s TV show and brand, Thomas & Friends.
Following the unprecedented Chinese theatrical release of Thomas & Friends: Sodor’s Legend of the Lost Treasure earlier this year, continued strong growth for the brand throughout Asia Pacific is led by China where there are multiple new deals for Thomas & Friends with broadcasters and digital platforms, including with Chinese state television broadcaster, China Central Television (China), as well as LeEco (China), China Mobile (China) and Air Media (China). A Thomas & Friends channel recently launched on Youku (China), with over 3 billion people reached in China across all Thomas & Friends digital platforms.
Other Asian broadcasters onboard to take new Thomas & Friends content include NHK (Japan), Global TV (Indonesia), GMA (Philippines), KBS (South Korea), TVNZ (New Zealand) and TVB (Hong Kong), with these and the Chinese deals coming on the back of Mattel Creations’ successful drive to gain ground in Asia Pacific.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 179 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 143 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 104 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021