NBCUniversal acquires rights for Japanese hit format
MIPCOM– NBCUniversal International Formats has acquired the Asian rights for ABC International’s (the format sales division of Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (ABC JAPAN), Japanese hit format, Who is the Real Celebrity (WTRC).
Having aired over 70 episodes in Japan, WTRC is a comedy quiz show for celebrities to establish whether they are in fact authentic personalities. In every episode, each team takes on a series of challenges, which test their five senses. The challenges vary from distinguishing an expensive bottle of wine and identifying cuisines from a famous chef to picking out an instrument worth 100,000 USD by listening. With an extortionate and affordable option in each round, the contestants must make the correct selection to win their position as a real celebrity.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020