BBC Worldwide co-production deal with Tencent
BBC Worldwide announced a co-production deal with one of China’s largest providers of Internet value added services, Tencent Holdings Limited for Planet Earth II. This is the first time BBC Worldwide is co-producing a documentary with a video platform in China. Narrated by David Attenborough and produced by the BBC’s Natural History Unit, the highly anticipated Planet Earth II will reveal the planet from a new perspective. Shot in UHD and using the latest camera stabilisation, remote recording and aerial drone technology, Planet Earth II will take the audience closer to nature and allow them to experience the wilderness as if they were there. Combining dramatic animal behaviour and incredible wildlife spectacle, the six-part series promises to give audiences the most immersive wildlife documentary experience to date.
The deal was sealed at a signing event on the second day of MIPCOM with Molly Feng, Director, Video Content Co-operation, Tencent and David Weiland, EVP, Asia BBC Worldwide representing the two organisations. Planet Earth II will broadcast simultaneously in China at the same time as the UK on Tencent’s v.qq.com platform and its video app.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 81 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 46 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020