Kuala Lumpur – Grand Brilliance and Lightbulb Pictures’ feature film Pekak, has been awarded with Best Script (Khairul Azri) and Best Actor (Zahiril Adzim) at International Motivational Film Festival (IMFF) BRIDGE of ARTS in Russia after competing with ten other films across the globe. The film festival took place in Rostov-on-Don.
IMFF BRIDGE of ARTS is the first festival in Russia that practices the concept of maximum transparency. BRIDGE of ARTS is held in Rostov-on-Don, the capital of the south of Russia, which in the course of its history that managed to combine the Eastern and Western cultures. The key theme of the festival is passion for achievement and movement.
Previously, Pekak was nominated under Asean Skies category at World Premieres Film Festival Philippines last year. While back in May this year, Pekak screened at Cannes’ largest screening market, Marché du Film 2016, under the “Malaysia Goes to Cannes” program organised by FINAS and Creative Content Association Malaysia (CCAM).
Directed by newcomer Mohd Khairul Azri, Pekak revolves around a deaf drug pusher named Uda who resorts to selling drugs in order to pay for his impending cochlear implant surgery which will restore his hearing. His path crosses with Dara’s, a troubled schoolgirl who longs to escape from her overbearing father. An unlikely relationship starts to blossom between them, but it is challenged by a world filled with violence, sex and drugs.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020