Paris – Rounding up the extensive MIPCOM Screening programme will be two exclusive first-episode showings of brand-new factual series, National Geographic’s “MARS” presented by FOX Networks Group Content Distribution and “Planet Earth II from BBC Worldwide.
Produced by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard’s Imagine Entertainment and RadicalMedia, “MARS” is an epic, gripping global event series, destined to spark imaginations worldwide as it tells the story of mankind’s thrilling quest to colonise Mars. Directed by visionary Mexican filmmaker Everardo Gout, “MARS” combines a unique blend of feature-film scripted drama, visual effects with best-in-class documentary sequences, which unpacks what the greatest minds in space exploration are doing today, and dramatises their efforts to pull off mankind’s greatest feat – interplanetary travel and colonisation. Set in both the present day and a scientific projection of 2033, this compelling series asks: “Could we really make Mars our home?” “MARS” will screen on Monday, October 17 in the Palais des Festival – Auditorium A at 4 p.m. and will be followed by a Q&A session with members of the cast and producers.
Back on Planet Earth, a decade ago the BBC redefined natural history filmmaking, giving us the ultimate portrait of life here. Ten years on, the unprecedented advances in both filming technology and our understanding of the natural world mean we can once again see our planet from a completely new perspective through one of the most ambitious landmark series to date, “Planet Earth II”. New technology has allowed individual stories to be captured in an unparalleled level of detail. From spellbinding wildlife spectacles to intimate encounters, “Planet Earth II” will take viewers closer than ever before. Narrated by Sir David Attenborough, the series is a BBC/BBC America/ZDF/France Televisions co-production. “Planet Earth II” wil
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020