Munich – The gritty mafia series Gomorrah has become a foreign-language hit on Sundance Channel U.S. On its debut, the Sky Italia drama, the inside story of the fierce Neapolitan crime organisation Camorra, doubled the audience figures of other foreign-language series on the channel. The series, sold by Beta Film to more than 130 territories, has gained record ratings all over the world and is praised by international media as “unique and compelling” (The Hollywood Reporter) and “one of finest works of televised storytelling” (Huffington Post). Variety states “Gomorrah is among the most admirable of the latter-day “Wire” homages.”
On the renowned U.S. review aggregator “Rotten Tomatoes” it got a 94 % fresh rating, ranking among the five most popular TV shows on the site. Gomorrah, with its third season already in pre-production, currently runs on Sundance Channel in the U.S.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,474 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 74 views | posted on August 4, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020