Tell us about your exclusive channel for Asia.
We are now available in Indonesia, and within the next 90 days, we’ll be launching in other territories around the region. Rialto Channel, a premium pay-TV channel in New Zealand has been in operation for 17 years on the Sky platform. The other genre including British films, foreign films, documentaries and more. As our factual genre has been very popular, we realise there is a niche for this content in Asia. That’s how Pulse Television was launched as a joint-venture between Rialto and Lightning International.
We will soon be available in 11 countries including Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam and Sri Lanka with an estimated potential reach of 186 million households. The travel series Across the World with Te Radar, for example, will now be available to millions of people tuning into Pulse Television. This is the first time Kiwi content will land in Asian markets so this is a great opportunity for our industry. We want to address the need for educational programmes such as traditional documentaries which are not covered as well as they should by any big players.
Viewers are willing to pay for anything if it’s packaged right so we have to be flexible with the business model. We’re going to look at each individual market and see how each platform work best for us. Each territory has a different need; some yearn for a higher-end product while some seek for a more educational type of content.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 129 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021