Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific
Sub or sibling brands:
Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery Kids, Discovery Science, Discovery HD World, TLC, Eve, Turbo, DMAX, Investigation Discovery, Eurosport, Eurosport News, Setanta Sports.
Ownership in Asia:
Senior executive for Asia:
Arthur Bastings, President & Managing Director, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific
DMAX is the definitive factual entertainment destination for young men who live life to the max. From cars and combat to extreme antics and enterprise, the channel is designed for the infotainment junkie’s insatiable appetite for smarts, wit and adrenaline. DMAX is targeted at men aged 18-45, and offers viewers the opportunity to step out of their daily lives and go on a wild adventure – no matter what their passions are – turbo-charged rides, the great outdoors, technology, culture or treasure-hunting.
TLC is a global lifestyle and entertainment destination, presenting non-scripted and scripted programming featuring real life stories and universal themes that resonate with viewers around the world. TLC’s programming is told through the lens of larger than life characters and adaptable formats, celebrating everything from food and travel, to relationships and life stages, to makeover and transformation.
Eve is a factual network that brings an unabashed female perspective of the world, showcasing a myriad of amazing stories from the lives of women today – from mums and mobsters to miners and millionaires. Eve empowers women by providing insight to a comprehensive range of topics that touch the lives of women everywhere, connecting them through content that features experiences and outlooks on parenting, careers, relationships, health, entertainment and more.
DMAX offers a mix of adrenaline-charged programmes for the young male audience. Ranging from the great outdoors to turbo-charged rides, including epic builds, there’s always something for every man.
TLC is the premiere destination for lifestyle content. Targeting adults aged 18-45 with a slight female skew, TLC offers larger-than-life personalities and lifestyles across travel, cuisine, family reality and fashion genres.
Eve is a factual entertainment network that captures the world through a woman’s lens. Targeting women aged 18-45, Eve showcases amazing stories from the lives of women today through programming genres including enterprise, relationships, family reality, babies and parenting, health and medicine.
Distribution in Asia:
DMAX: Reaches 3 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
TLC: Reaches 150 million subscribers in Asia Pacific.
Eve: Reaches 3 million subscribers in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
Key carriage agreements in Asia:
DMAX: Carried by all major pay-TV operators in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
TLC: Carried by all major pay-TV operators in Asia Pacific.
Eve: Carried by all major pay-TV operators in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
DMAX: On the basic tier or relevant genre groups.
TLC: On the basic tier or relevant genre groups.
Eve: On the basic tier or relevant genre groups.
On-line, VOD, SVOD or mobile deals:
DMAX is available online and on VOD in select markets across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
TLC is available online and on VOD in select markets across Asia Pacific.
Eve is available online and on VOD in select markets across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
Recent and upcoming developments:
TLC: 2 Dudes & A Kitchen, Fun Taiwan Adventures
DMAX: Chasing Classic Cars S8, Fifth Gear S26, Fat N Furious: Rolling Thunder S2, For The Love Of Cars
TLC: You Me Malaysia, Surfing The Menu, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown S6, Luke Nguyen’s Street Food, Heston’s Space Food, Jamie’s Superfood, Buddy’s Family Vacation, Little Couple S8, and Love, Lust or Run.
Eve: My Big Fat Fabulous Life S3, Sister Wives S6, Extraordinary Pregnancies S2, Bad Blood, Nightmare Next Door S2, Rattled
Senior executives for Asia:
Gleb Livshits, Chief Operation Officer
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020