According to a BBC survey conducted in Nadu, India, 8.2 million people watch the BBC Tamil news bulletins on Thanthi TV every week. Over the year on air, the programme has covered the UK elections – reporting from various parts of Britain on how ethnic minorities, notably Tamils, would exercise their vote. It has also used its network of reporters in Sri Lanka to bring a comprehensive picture of the parliamentary elections there.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’