New Zealand-owned Rialto Channel is building on its strategic alliance with Hong-Kong-based Lightning International to launch a new documentary channel this week.
Launching first to a potential 40 million households in Indonesia, Pulse Television will soon be screening New Zealand content in 11 countries including Hong Kong, Singapore, India, China, and Korea, with an estimated potential reach of 186 million households. Eventually, Pulse Television directors hope to include New Zealand and Australia in the Asia-Pacific mix.
The new documentary channel will comprise approximately 20 per cent New Zealand content plus content from the U.S., Britain and Asia, along with local content from the region. Lightning International will help tailor content for each region, taking into account cultural and religious sensitivities and differences in content demand.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020