Cannes– Reed MIDEM announced that Japan has been named the MIPCOM 2016 Country of Honour.
According to research by Mitsubishi Research Institute, penetration of 4K television sets in Japan is poised to explode, from around 6% of households this year to more than half of the marketplace by 2020 – ahead of forecasts for either North America or Europe.
Japan’s production sector is also shifting widely to 4K, as witnessed by the programming on show at MIPCOM. MIPCOM 2016 will feature a look back at the history of Japanese animation, and will introduce the latest shows on the international marketplace.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020