Zodiak releases Wild Things in multiple countries
Zodiak Rights has rolled out its multi-award winning family entertainment game show format Wild Things – co-owned by IWC Media, Mad Monk and GroupM Entertainment – to a host of territories, as five local adaptations are signed in Europe, Asia and Latin America in its first year of release.
Originally produced for Sky1 in the UK, where a second extended season is soon to debut, Wild Things challenges partners to work together for a chance to walk away with a cash prize that lies deep within the Wild Wood.
Following successful adaptations in Russia and Belgium, and a local version currently underway in China, a new commission of Wild Things in Latin America is now in production by Peppermind for Telefe TV Channel at a dedicated hub in Argentina.
Wild Things launched in the UK on Sky1 in 2015, with a 6 x 60’ series airing in primetime on Sundays and an extended second season of 8 x 60’ episodes set to launch in April this year. The first country to sign the format was Russia, with CTC ordering 16 x 60’ episodes for production by Mastiff Russia; closely followed by Belgium, where a 7 x 60’ series, produced by Zodiak Belgium, aired on VTM as part of the channel’s Red Nose Day season.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020