Singapore– Tencent Sports will be showcasing the results of its NBA partnership to industry elites and global sports IP holders at Sportel Asia- where it is a key exhibitor. Tencent is the exclusive official digital partner for the NBA in China, as well as ESPN’s exclusive Internet partner in China.
During the 2015/2016 season, over 5 billion viewers watched the NBA matches. Over 80 million core NBA users in China watches NBA matches since the start of the season. Between October 11, 2015 and October 14, 2015, over 200 million people watched NBA matches in China.More than 6.4 million users watched the first live NBA Game in China through Tencent Sports.
Tencent also develops content products and social community interaction with 10 NBA relevant in-house programmes planned, including Miracles of NBA, Rise Beyond, Basketball Star Podcast and A Tale of City.
Tencent has partnered with big sporting events such as NBA, FA Premier League, German Bundesliga, UEFA, NFL and most recently, a strategic partnership with ESPN as its exclusive content partner in mainland China.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021