Endemol Shine UK today announced that Shine TV is strengthening its popular factual and features teams by promoting two in-house Executive Producers to senior roles at the company.
Lorna-Dawn Creanor, Executive Producer at Shine TV is taking up a newly created post as Head of Features and Ben Mitchell; also Executive Producer at Shine TV has been promoted to the new role of Head of Popular Factual. Both have responsibility to create and produce new and returning formats for UK broadcasters.
Lorna-Dawn Creanor became an in-house Executive Producer at Shine TV in 2013. Her most recent credits include The Force, which has just been re-commissioned by Sky 1, daytime hit Council House Crackdown (BBC One) and forthcoming features format Made Over By which is set to air on Channel 4 this spring. She began her career in television in 1997 as part of the BBC’s network TAP scheme and has held numerous series producer and executive producer roles at Princess Productions and North One where she co-devised the Rose D’Or nominated ‘Singing Estate’. Prior to her career in TV she was a journalist with The Scotsman.
Ben Mitchell joined Shine TV as an Executive Producer in 2012, where he co-developed and executive produced the BAFTA and RTS award-winning series The Island with Bear Grylls, which is now in its fourth series for Channel 4. This format has sold to 5 territories including the U.S, Germany and the Netherlands. Mitchell has over twenty years’ experience in television, producing and directing many successful popular factual formats, including Shipwrecked (Channel 4), Ladette to Lady (ITV), The Fairy Job mother (Channel 4), Undercover Boss (Channel 4), Kevin McCloud’s Man Made Home (Channel 4), and The Hotel (Channel 4).
They will report to Shine TV’s Managing Director Tanya Shaw and work closely with Creative Director Tim Whitwell, marking the first executive promotions since they took up their posts in November 2015.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020