Paris, Baikonur– The EUTELSAT 9B satellite of Eutelsat Communications was successfully launched into geosynchronous transfer orbit by ILS using a Proton rocket that lift off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome at 04.20 (22.20 GMT, 23.20 CET on January 29).
Separation of Eutelsat’s new satellite occurred after a 9 hour 12 minute Proton flight. Partial deployment of the satellite’s solar panels, that represents the first critical post-launch operation, took place two hours later. Following further manoeuvres and in-orbit tests, EUTELSAT 9B will be positioned at 9 degrees East in March to assume broadcasting of over 350 TV channels currently served at this position by EUTELSAT 9A and provide expansion capacity for new services.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020