Singapore – BBC Earth remains the number one factual channel in Singapore for the second month. Data from both Kantar Media Singapore and StarHub SmarTAM confirm BBC Earth’s number one position. According to Kantar, BBC Earth was the leading factual channel among pay TV audience aged 4 and above. StarHub SmarTAM data showed BBC Earth as the most watched pay-TV factual channel among StarHub live TV audiences in January 2016 beating six other channels in the factual set.
The channel held onto the top with factual programmes such as – Life Story, narrated by Sir David Attenborough, shows how animals attempt to overcome the challenges that face them at each of the six crucial stages of life; Lands of the Monsoon, a sumptuous series exploring how life around southern Asia both ensures and depends on the mighty monsoon that annually transform the land. Other highly rated programmes included Extreme Fishing with Robson Green and Life Below Zero.
“We are extremely encouraged by BBC Earth’s number one ranking in Singapore for the second month in a row. BBC Earth is gaining momentum with local audience and we are confident that our stimulating, intelligent content will continue to inspire and amaze more viewers,” said Monty Ghai, Senior Vice President and General Manager, South East Asia for BBC Worldwide.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 98 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 81 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020