Singapore – BBC Earth remains the number one factual channel in Singapore for the second month. Data from both Kantar Media Singapore and StarHub SmarTAM confirm BBC Earth’s number one position. According to Kantar, BBC Earth was the leading factual channel among pay TV audience aged 4 and above. StarHub SmarTAM data showed BBC Earth as the most watched pay-TV factual channel among StarHub live TV audiences in January 2016 beating six other channels in the factual set.
The channel held onto the top with factual programmes such as – Life Story, narrated by Sir David Attenborough, shows how animals attempt to overcome the challenges that face them at each of the six crucial stages of life; Lands of the Monsoon, a sumptuous series exploring how life around southern Asia both ensures and depends on the mighty monsoon that annually transform the land. Other highly rated programmes included Extreme Fishing with Robson Green and Life Below Zero.
“We are extremely encouraged by BBC Earth’s number one ranking in Singapore for the second month in a row. BBC Earth is gaining momentum with local audience and we are confident that our stimulating, intelligent content will continue to inspire and amaze more viewers,” said Monty Ghai, Senior Vice President and General Manager, South East Asia for BBC Worldwide.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020