Al Jazeera said that the economic landscape of the media environment has driven its strategic decision to wind down its operations and conclude its service.
Al Jazeera America was launched in August 2013, after taking over Al Gore’s Current TV. The channel currently reaches 60.8 million cable homes.
“I have witnessed and worked alongside some of the most talented people any organisation could wish for,” said Al Anstey, CEO of Al Jazeera America, in a statement.
“Since its launch in 2013, the work done by the team at Al Jazeera America has been recognised with nearly every major award an American news organisation can receive. I greatly respect the unrivalled commitment and excellent work of our team, which has created great journalism. We have increasingly set ourselves apart from all the rest, and the achievements of the past two-and-a-half years should be a source of immense pride for everyone.”
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 70 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 68 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 54 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 34 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020