Lee Deok-Jae, President of CJ E&M Media Content Bureau has greenlit some super scripted TV shows during his career. A creative visionary with a commercial sixth sense, he is sure to pull a huge audience when he kicks off ATF’s pre-market conference as keynote speaker on 1 December 2015 at the Marina Bay Sands.
Please share with us about your topic (Into the Future of Television: An Asian Empire’s Move Forward)
Lee: The theme of my keynote address is to inspire local content creators to produce content that reflects their unique culture and emphasise Asian, as well as global cooperation. To be successful, you have to be willing to take risks to develop original content that will hopefully cross borders.
Lee, who is a veteran in the broadcast industry in Korea, has a career spanning more than 20 years in the television business. Lee will also speak about CJ E&M’s content and digital strategies, international formats, MCN developments and further investment into these areas. Lee will highlight some of CJ E&M’s recent successes, as well as his intensive past experiences on organising Korea’s most powerful pay-TV platform channel, tvN, which has led to compelling decisions made today and will determine future partnerships within Asia. This will be one of the most exclusive and progressive insights into one of Asia’s most significant media empires.
What has been the main strengths of CJ E&M’s offering?
Lee: It is all about content! CJ E&M is no longer considered just a broadcaster, but a content creation and marketing company. We have committed substantial investment in content creators and marketing. The success of Grandpas over Flowers, The Genius Game and I can see your Voice are highly due to the creativity of in-house producers and a marketing strategy that uses social media and digital platforms.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 115 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 71 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 62 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 56 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021