Universal City, CA— NBC has given a 10-episode order to the new series QuizUp, where in-studio contestants will try to earn a life-changing fortune by winning high-stakes trivia battles against viewers who qualify from anywhere in the country and play in real-time from home on their mobile devices.
This game is made possible by the collaboration of NBC with Plain Vanilla Corp., the prolific game studio that created the game QuizUp, which is one of the world’s most popular trivia apps with more than 75 million users worldwide.
The premise of the show is simple: If the in-studio contestant wins eight trivia battles against eight different competitors who are watching and playing from home, they can win up to $1 million. If any of the at-home players win their battle, they’ll win the money allocated to that round.
Qualification to play from home will happen through the hugely popular QuizUp app. QuizUp has reached #1 in the App Store rankings in 128 countries. Even if they don’t qualify, the audience at home can play along for fun, with each question and answer synchronized with the broadcast.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 102 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020