Brazilian pay-TV market to reach 28 million by 2018
Buenos Aires- According to Dataxis’ new report, Pay TV Series 2015: Brazil, the Brazilian pay-TV market will reach 27.7 million households (HHs) by 2018. This figure represents a 30.7% increase when compared to end-2015.
Households with DTH pay TV services will account for 60.9% of total pay-TV HHs in Brazil in 2015. Dataxis forecasts that DTH will remain the leading delivery network by 2018, although its market share will diminish over the years, due to a challenging economic environment, along with an increased competition.
As such, CATV networks will decrease their market share from 37.7% in 2015 to 36.3% in 2018, while IPTV will grow from a 1.4% share in 2015 to 7.4% by 2018.
Although Brazil is the country with the largest pay-TV subscriber base in Latin America, pay-TV household penetration will remain relatively low at 32.4% by end-2015. Dataxis believes that the proportion of households with pay-TV services will rise to 40% by 2018.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020