Brazilian pay-TV market to reach 28 million by 2018
Buenos Aires- According to Dataxis’ new report, Pay TV Series 2015: Brazil, the Brazilian pay-TV market will reach 27.7 million households (HHs) by 2018. This figure represents a 30.7% increase when compared to end-2015.
Households with DTH pay TV services will account for 60.9% of total pay-TV HHs in Brazil in 2015. Dataxis forecasts that DTH will remain the leading delivery network by 2018, although its market share will diminish over the years, due to a challenging economic environment, along with an increased competition.
As such, CATV networks will decrease their market share from 37.7% in 2015 to 36.3% in 2018, while IPTV will grow from a 1.4% share in 2015 to 7.4% by 2018.
Although Brazil is the country with the largest pay-TV subscriber base in Latin America, pay-TV household penetration will remain relatively low at 32.4% by end-2015. Dataxis believes that the proportion of households with pay-TV services will rise to 40% by 2018.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 11k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020