Brazilian pay-TV market to reach 28 million by 2018
Buenos Aires- According to Dataxis’ new report, Pay TV Series 2015: Brazil, the Brazilian pay-TV market will reach 27.7 million households (HHs) by 2018. This figure represents a 30.7% increase when compared to end-2015.
Households with DTH pay TV services will account for 60.9% of total pay-TV HHs in Brazil in 2015. Dataxis forecasts that DTH will remain the leading delivery network by 2018, although its market share will diminish over the years, due to a challenging economic environment, along with an increased competition.
As such, CATV networks will decrease their market share from 37.7% in 2015 to 36.3% in 2018, while IPTV will grow from a 1.4% share in 2015 to 7.4% by 2018.
Although Brazil is the country with the largest pay-TV subscriber base in Latin America, pay-TV household penetration will remain relatively low at 32.4% by end-2015. Dataxis believes that the proportion of households with pay-TV services will rise to 40% by 2018.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 106 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 65 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020