New York, NY— A&E Network will air the six-episode period mystery crime drama series, The Frankenstein Chronicles, produced by Rainmark Films and distributed by Endemol Shine International, in the U.S.
The hour-long drama starring Sean Bean is a thrilling and terrifying re-imagining of the Frankenstein Myth set in 19th century London. The announcement was made by Elaine Frontain Bryant, Executive Vice President of Programming for A&E.
“The Frankenstein Chronicles uniquely merges classic elements from both the crime and horror genres which pairs perfectly with A&E’s growing scripted slate,” said Frontain Bryant. “We’re excited to be partnering with Endemol Shine to bring this intriguing and sophisticated series to American audiences.”
The series is set in London, 1827. After a successful operation by the Thames River Police to apprehend a gang of opium smugglers, a child’s corpse is discovered. Inspector John Marlott (Sean Bean) is horrified to discover that it’s not actually a child, but a grotesque assembly of human body parts.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 53 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020