Singapore – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks, Asia and StarHub jointly announced the renewal of the carriage deal for SPT Networks’ channels on StarHub TV in Singapore. The deal brings Sony Channel, which features the best of Hollywood drama, comedy and lifestyle entertainment, to subscribers for the first time and joins its leading sister networks AXN, ONE and Animax on StarHub TV.
“As Singapore’s leading pay TV operator, we always seek to satisfy our customers’ demands for premium entertainment content. Hence, we are happy to launch Sony Channel which will further strengthen our entertainment offering and reinforce StarHub TV’s content leadership in the market,” said Lee Soo Hui, Head of Media Business Unit, StarHub.
“Sony Channel offers a fresh approach to female programming, with smart, fun and strong storylines that will captivate StarHub TV subscribers,” said Ang Hui Keng, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Sony Pictures Television Networks, Asia. “This brand of premium Hollywood entertainment is complementary to our flagship channel, AXN, and together they super-serve the need for quality content in the English general entertainment genre”.
During September and October, StarHub TV subscribers can look forward to Sony Channel’s top new and returning series featuring strong female lead characters, played by notable, award-winning actors.
Premiering on September 25 within 12 hours of the US telecast and airing on Fridays at 8.50pm is the second season of “How to Get Away with Murder”, the latest legal thriller by executive producer Shonda Rhimes’ (“Scandal”, “Grey’s Anatomy”) starring Oscar-nominee Viola Davis (“The Help”). Davis returns as the master litigator and law professor Annalise Keating as she and the students working at her law firm are entangled in a web of deceit and murder.
Beginning October 1 also within 12 hours of the US premiere, airing on Thursdays at 8.50pm is “Code Black”, a pulsating new medical drama series set in the busiest and most notorious emergency room in the U.S., Los Angeles County USC Medical Centre, where the staff contend with a challenged system to protect their ideals and the patients who need them. The series stars Oscar winner Marcia Gay Harden (“Fifty Shades of Grey”) as Dr. Leanne Rorish, the residency director.
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020