CBS Studios and Kanal D announce format licensing deal
Los Angeles & London– CBS Studios International and Kanal D announced the renewal of a licensing agreement for the Wheel of Fortune format in Romania. The local version, Roata Norocului, is in its fifth season.
The original Wheel of Fortune was created by Merv Griffin and premiered in the USA in 1975. It is one of the longest lasting and most successful TV game shows in the history of American television, has won seven Emmy awards and has been produced around the world in more than 40 countries.
“With 10 different international adaptations currently being broadcast, Wheel of Fortune continues to be the most successful game show format across the globe,” says Paul Gilbert, Senior Vice President, International Formats, CBS Studios International. “We are pleased that Roata Norocului is returning for its fifth season and look forward to its continued success as Romania’s number one game show.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.2k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 68 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 51 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 43 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020