Doha – beIN Media Group LLC announced that it has acquired the remaining 50% of shares held by MP & Silva of its beIN SPORTS channels in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.
beIN had entered into a 50/50 joint venture with MP & Silva earlier in 2013 but effective 23 September, will assume full control of all of its channels in the Asian market.
Full control of these channels will allow beIN to fully implement its market strategy in the region in terms of production, expanded programming and content. beIN’s recently acquired exclusive TV rights to La Liga, Spain’s top flight soccer league will now be available in-country on its fully acquired channels in Asia.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020