Paris – MIPCOM 2015 unveils a stellar cast of Keynote Speakers as part of Into The Stream, the brand new conference programme exploring the changing global video ecosystem and content distribution strategies across every platform. On 5 October, the opening keynote will provide expert insight from two of the world’s most prolific pioneers in online video. Shahrzad Rafati, Founder & CEO of BroadbandTV – the world’s third largest and fastest growing online entertainment network – will be joined by Jimmy Maymann, President of Consumer Brands for AOL, and formerly CEO of Huffington Post.
Earlier this year, The Huffington Post and BroadbandTV announced an exclusive partnership with the launch of Outspeak, the first next-generation video network that empowers journalists and creators to tell their stories across both companies’ platforms. Together, Jimmy and Shahrzad will share their thoughts on the future of online consumption including evolving formats, distribution models, monetisation, diversification and building whole ecosystems around content online.
To follow, Fullscreen’s Founder & CEO George Strompolos will share how the massive multichannel network built to empower the next generation of content creators rapidly evolved into a global media company. Fullscreen has expanded in the last year through major initiatives including its strategic content studio, Fullscreen Films and Fullscreen Live, and the acquisitions of pioneering companies, Rooster Teeth and McBeard. Described as a “global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences,” Fullscreen boasts 600 million subscribers who generate more than five billion video views across its global network each month and claims some 70,000 creators in its network.
As media companies face an increasingly fragmented viewing environment, JB Perrette, President Discovery Networks International will discuss how Discovery is tackling the future and redefining its business model 30 years on. JB Perrette’s Keynote will take place on 6 October.
On 7 October, Facebook and AOL will conclude the Media Mastermind Keynote series. The migration from desktop to mobile has led to a seismic shift in the way that people around the world connect with each other. Nicola Mendelsohn, Vice President for Facebook EMEA, will share her vision for an immersive, visual-based digital world that makes communications easier and requires marketers and content creators to make sure they are keeping pace.
As digital media continues to grow and evolve, it’s easy to tout the end of traditional television as we know it. Dermot McCormack, President of Video at AOL will argue that OTT will not devour traditional television, but instead evolve alongside it to create an even more engaging experience for viewers, creators, and brands alike.
In addition to keynote and daily sessions, Into The Stream programme includes:
– The Carriage Deal Forum: Channels Everywhere (6 October), a full-day programme focusing on territorial expansion tactics and featuring one-to-one meetings between platforms, OTT services and channels.
– The OTT & Global TV Strategy Summit (7 October), a thought leadership event gathering OTT and global channel strategists to explore business topics that affect all international channel networks with global footprint.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 527 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 92 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021