Hong Kong – FOX International Channels (FIC) announced that it will renew its focus on Japan and Korea to capitalise on emerging opportunities in these markets. Additionally the company will ramp up its investment in production of Chinese content, with a particular focus on mainland China. As a result, the senior management team overseeing North and Southeast Asia will be restructured effective 1 September to best align with these objectives.
Joon Lee will move into a new role focused on driving growth initiatives in Japan and Korea as well as increasing FIC’s share of the growing opportunities in original Chinese production as Executive Vice President, North Asia & Head of Original Productions – Mainland China.
Simeon Dawes will take on the additional territory of Hong Kong & Southeast Asia where he will be responsible for the region’s P&L. He will continue to oversee FIC’s Middle East business as well as ad sales across Asia Pacific. His title will be Executive Vice President – Advertising Sales & Partnerships, and Managing Director – Hong Kong, Southeast Asia & Middle East.
Keertan Adyanthaya takes on the role of Executive Vice President, Content & Communications – Hong Kong & Southeast Asia. He will be responsible for all content, channel operations and marketing for the region covering the Hollywood and Chinese entertainment, and factual genres.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 125 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021