Hong Kong – FOX International Channels (FIC) announced that it will renew its focus on Japan and Korea to capitalise on emerging opportunities in these markets. Additionally the company will ramp up its investment in production of Chinese content, with a particular focus on mainland China. As a result, the senior management team overseeing North and Southeast Asia will be restructured effective 1 September to best align with these objectives.
Joon Lee will move into a new role focused on driving growth initiatives in Japan and Korea as well as increasing FIC’s share of the growing opportunities in original Chinese production as Executive Vice President, North Asia & Head of Original Productions – Mainland China.
Simeon Dawes will take on the additional territory of Hong Kong & Southeast Asia where he will be responsible for the region’s P&L. He will continue to oversee FIC’s Middle East business as well as ad sales across Asia Pacific. His title will be Executive Vice President – Advertising Sales & Partnerships, and Managing Director – Hong Kong, Southeast Asia & Middle East.
Keertan Adyanthaya takes on the role of Executive Vice President, Content & Communications – Hong Kong & Southeast Asia. He will be responsible for all content, channel operations and marketing for the region covering the Hollywood and Chinese entertainment, and factual genres.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 74 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 50 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020