Hong Kong – FOX International Channels (FIC) announced that it will renew its focus on Japan and Korea to capitalise on emerging opportunities in these markets. Additionally the company will ramp up its investment in production of Chinese content, with a particular focus on mainland China. As a result, the senior management team overseeing North and Southeast Asia will be restructured effective 1 September to best align with these objectives.
Joon Lee will move into a new role focused on driving growth initiatives in Japan and Korea as well as increasing FIC’s share of the growing opportunities in original Chinese production as Executive Vice President, North Asia & Head of Original Productions – Mainland China.
Simeon Dawes will take on the additional territory of Hong Kong & Southeast Asia where he will be responsible for the region’s P&L. He will continue to oversee FIC’s Middle East business as well as ad sales across Asia Pacific. His title will be Executive Vice President – Advertising Sales & Partnerships, and Managing Director – Hong Kong, Southeast Asia & Middle East.
Keertan Adyanthaya takes on the role of Executive Vice President, Content & Communications – Hong Kong & Southeast Asia. He will be responsible for all content, channel operations and marketing for the region covering the Hollywood and Chinese entertainment, and factual genres.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 48 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020